2.3

I have a 4 1/2 year old LG-55LA9700. Approximately, 4 months ago there appeared in the middle of the screen a black sheer rectangle on my screen. As time went on more rectangles appeared on my screen. You can still watch TV however, if the back round of the screen is light, those rectangles appear.

Very annoying!

I called LG to report the issue. They made it seem that they had empathy for me, which turned out to be incorrect. I spoke with a technician from LG's Authorized repair centers. They indicated to trash the TV. The cost to repair the set is more than the TV is worth.

LG requested me to take a picture of the manufactures label, the original receipt and a picture of the screen with the dark box's and upload the info for review. Of coarse, this was all a waste of time. They told me the TV was to far out of warranty. I pissed away $2875.00 back in late February of 2014.

Instead of having empathy for me and their product, they threw me under the bus. The intelligent thing to do was to offer me a discount coupon in good faith since I purchased their product.

NO MORE LG FOR ME!

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Offer a coupon of a fair value to purchase another TV.

Comments

"Empathy" is when the same thing happens to them as did to you. "Sympathy" means they are aware of your problem but doesn't necessarily mean they'll help.

"Action" is what you need to seek and not mealy mouthed ambiguous terms. Unfortunately, an expired warranty is an expired warranty. You must be young ; in my day a 4 year TV with no problems would have been a miracle from Providence. We reserved a parking space in our driveway for Mr.

Landau the TV repairman, a frequent visitor. That RCA color TV cost $800 in 1967 - roughly the equivalent of $8000 now ...