Purchased brand new LG 14,000 BTU portable AC unit unpacked and installed the same. Found that the remote control does not work.

Called LG, they told me it would take 7 to 10 days before I would get a new remote. After 2 weeks of waiting for the remote, I get a call from customer service and was told that they didn’t have the correct serial number and they could not send a remote for free… I provided the correct serial number and again, I was told it would take 7 to 10 days. I asked to speak with a supervisor, and was told that they did not have supervisors available over the weekend, but one would call me back the following Monday. A week goes by and I decided to call and get an update on the remote and the call I was supposed to get.

I was told that the order was never processed because I asked to speak with the manager and that they could not take requests to have managers call back.

I asked for the order for the remote to be processed and again was told it would take 7 to 10 days before I would receive it. Once, the agent indicated that the order had been processed, I asked to have an email sent to me, she never did… I asked to speak with a manager she put me on hold and had to wait over 1 hour to then speak with a sarcastic individual who claimed to be a manager and basically told me that they were not obligated to send parts to me without billing me… I then asked to speak to his manager and was told that he didn’t have a manager he reports to the CEO of his area… I still have no idea if I will see a replacement remote.

My interaction with LG so far has been the worst of any company I have ever purchased anything from!

Product or Service Mentioned: Lg Electronics Air Conditioner.

Comments