Lg Electronics - Review in Appliances and Electronics category from Manvel, Texas

54 of 752 Lg Electronics reviews

Update added by user Jun 22

LGs warranty is a joke

Original review posted by user Jun 21

I purchased an LG LMX25986ST refrigerator on 7/15/2011 and 3 weeks ago the sealed system failed due to a Freon leak.I called LG and they sent a repair person out after I paid $250 for labor.

The technician determined the unit was unrepairable. Calling LG to try to follow up and to file a basic warranty claim is like talking to a dead refrigerator. LG has the worst claim management system I have ever experienced. I've gotten transferred here to there and back to there explaining my story so many times I can recite it in my sleep.

At one point the agent actually told me I needed to "take this up with the manufacturer LG!". (Without my knowledge I was transferred to Assurant their service provider." Last Friday I finally talked to a lady in LG's Executive Committee. She could find no record of the technician's visit who found the unit to be unrepairable so would have to locate the report and call me back. Here it is Tuesday of the following week and no call or no follow-up.

LG owes me the value of the failed parts and I guess their warranty only means that if I pester them enough or shame them maybe I'll get some results. LG has totally let me down in a number of ways including the failure of a $2200 refrigerator after not even 5 years.

Last week one of the batteries in my home smoke detector died so I changed it out. The dead battery had a date written on it that was older than my refrigerator. This $2 battery lasted longer than my $2200 fridge.

Shame on LG.DO NOT BUY!!!!!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Lg Lmx25986 French Door Refrigerator
Review category
Appliances and Electronics
review #869682 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Lg Electronics? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
54 of 752 Lg Electronics reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.