Lg Electronics - Review in Appliances and Electronics category from Manvel, Texas
Update added by user Jun 22
LGs warranty is a joke
Original review posted by user Jun 21
I purchased an LG LMX25986ST refrigerator on 7/15/2011 and 3 weeks ago the sealed system failed due to a Freon leak.I called LG and they sent a repair person out after I paid $250 for labor.
The technician determined the unit was unrepairable. Calling LG to try to follow up and to file a basic warranty claim is like talking to a dead refrigerator. LG has the worst claim management system I have ever experienced. I've gotten transferred here to there and back to there explaining my story so many times I can recite it in my sleep.
At one point the agent actually told me I needed to "take this up with the manufacturer LG!". (Without my knowledge I was transferred to Assurant their service provider." Last Friday I finally talked to a lady in LG's Executive Committee. She could find no record of the technician's visit who found the unit to be unrepairable so would have to locate the report and call me back. Here it is Tuesday of the following week and no call or no follow-up.
LG owes me the value of the failed parts and I guess their warranty only means that if I pester them enough or shame them maybe I'll get some results. LG has totally let me down in a number of ways including the failure of a $2200 refrigerator after not even 5 years.
Last week one of the batteries in my home smoke detector died so I changed it out. The dead battery had a date written on it that was older than my refrigerator. This $2 battery lasted longer than my $2200 fridge.
Shame on LG.DO NOT BUY!!!!!
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Style and Design|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
|Ease of Use|
What I liked
- Style of product
What I disliked
- Durability of product
- Product or service
- Lg Lmx25986 French Door Refrigerator
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "the worst company who took my money for A Grade iPhone 5S and send me all C & D Grade products......I am going to protest against that , hope they..."
- "My boyfriend Bought me the 60inch element HD Tv this Feb 14 2015 for a Valentine's gift and it now has a bright long straight green line going from the..."
- "This may sound small but the end result could have been serious. Recently I purchased a Kitchen Aid Enamel Roasting Pan and used it for the second time today to..."
- "**Sept 14 2014 Click4Support called today and said they would not be billing my credit card for the $1200. They offered an additional gift certificate for the "inconvenience"..."
- "Avoid getting a Samsung washing machine. Like many others, the area around the bleach dispenser on our Samsung WA5451ANW washing machine began to show signs of rusting after just..."
- "Sob story Elizabeth white claimed her mom dying of cancer, job takes too much time need to get rid of horses to good home - total scam! Horses originally in..."
- "I have been a long time consumer of Newegg off on on for years, and have recently cheered them on the fight against Patent trolls. But recently I ordered..."
- "RENEE HAS CURSED ME OUT INSULTED ME RELIGIOUSLY AND RACIALLY WHILE SHE WAS UNDER PRESSURE OF LOSING CONTRACTS I HAVE TO ALSO SEEN HER GO THROUGH THE RESIDENTS PERSONAL BELONGINGS..."
- "Ordered 1/2" Carolina Stair Single Swivel Base for Adjustable Slide Baluster. They are actually 3/8". I had to pay a machine shop to machine them. I chose not to complain...."