Lg Electronics - Review in Appliances and Electronics category from Manvel, Texas
Update added by user Jun 22
LGs warranty is a joke
Original review posted by user Jun 21
I purchased an LG LMX25986ST refrigerator on 7/15/2011 and 3 weeks ago the sealed system failed due to a Freon leak.I called LG and they sent a repair person out after I paid $250 for labor.
The technician determined the unit was unrepairable. Calling LG to try to follow up and to file a basic warranty claim is like talking to a dead refrigerator. LG has the worst claim management system I have ever experienced. I've gotten transferred here to there and back to there explaining my story so many times I can recite it in my sleep.
At one point the agent actually told me I needed to "take this up with the manufacturer LG!". (Without my knowledge I was transferred to Assurant their service provider." Last Friday I finally talked to a lady in LG's Executive Committee. She could find no record of the technician's visit who found the unit to be unrepairable so would have to locate the report and call me back. Here it is Tuesday of the following week and no call or no follow-up.
LG owes me the value of the failed parts and I guess their warranty only means that if I pester them enough or shame them maybe I'll get some results. LG has totally let me down in a number of ways including the failure of a $2200 refrigerator after not even 5 years.
Last week one of the batteries in my home smoke detector died so I changed it out. The dead battery had a date written on it that was older than my refrigerator. This $2 battery lasted longer than my $2200 fridge.
Shame on LG.DO NOT BUY!!!!!
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Style and Design|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Value for money|
|Ease of Use|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
- Style of product
What I disliked
- Durability of product
- Product or service
- Lg Lmx25986 French Door Refrigerator
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "I would like to ensure that all fellow Costco Members and consumers are aware of the lack of customer service and assistance when dealing with products that are damaged/defective straight..."
- "My email response to LG's diagnosis and estimate: "Just off the telephone with LG Customer Service after receiving this disturbing diagnosis email and estimate. The diagnosis is non-nonsensical, poorly written and..."
- "Dome melted and contacted company. Was offered replacement at a price and willing to pay but never received reply. Sent my shipping info but contact person said wasn't received. sent..."
- "Avoid getting a Samsung washing machine. Like many others, the area around the bleach dispenser on our Samsung WA5451ANW washing machine began to show signs of rusting after just..."
- "Sob story Elizabeth white claimed her mom dying of cancer, job takes too much time need to get rid of horses to good home - total scam! Horses originally in..."
- "**Sept 14 2014 Click4Support called today and said they would not be billing my credit card for the $1200. They offered an additional gift certificate for the "inconvenience"..."
- "Paid for a full $75 grooming appointment for my dog, stated in her progress report that everything was done, ears, trim, etc. such a joke, because it wasn't. My goldens..."
- "Great partner and company, design build and operate super concepts. Genius Was ecstatic to work on E_P with mr keyes. It started my career..."
- "Last night, my wife and I attempted to book a flight for an upcoming trip for 6 members of our family using Orbitz.com. We entered all of the information for..."