1.8K views

My washing machine started to rust around the lid, dispenser and now I have noticed rust spots on my bedding from the drum.The bleach dispenser does not dispense the bleach.

I contacted customer service and they were of no help. They said it was out of warranty and I asked if that was normal for a washing machine to start rusting a couple of years after purchase. Does anyone happen to have a mailing address for any top executives of LG?

I would very much like to send photos of my washing machine and a letter explaining my situation.Thanks for any help you can provide.

Review about: Lg Electronics Warranty.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Comments

I also have an LG Washer with rust around the bleach dispenser and the detergent dispenser cup. It is ridiculous that a washing machine would rust at all!

Me too. I just filled out this: LG rust class action. https://chimicles.com/lg-washer-rust-class-action-investigation/

Add me to the list of consumers with rust around the bleach dispenser on a top-load model WT5001C*.Based on the reviews reporting poor customer service related to this issue, I am going to attempt to remove the top panel of the machine, sand off the rust and repaint it.

And, then cease using the bleach dispenser.

I have had quite a few washers and dryers over the years..never have seen one rust, anywhere.

I have the same issue. Got to be

a MANUFACTURER defect!

#1401953

This was not the machine I would have chosen as I always buy Kenmore.

My sister bought this machine for my mother when her Kenmore washing machine stopped working after many years of service.

If you have LG, make sure you hang on to the warranty.

When I told them that I had a Warranty on the machine, they told me they had no record of it!

I faxed a copy of the Warranty to them from my job. (I work in a law office) . I had no more issues with the warranty.

We had not had the LG for a year when the pump went out. It also started rusting around the bleach dispenser.

A gaping hole is where the dispenser used to be along with rust . The pump went out again so I have to purchase another washer for mom. The machine is 6 years old and has been a headache! I reported LG to Consumer Reports and the Better Business Bureau.

BUYER BEWARE!DO NOT PURCHASE LG WASHERS!!!

I have the same problem with my washer. I am on a list trying to get a suit filed against LG. Contact Zach at 610-649-1370

I just noticed the same thing about he rust around the dispenser. I'm trying to figure out how. I will not be buying an LG again.

We just had the same problem.We ordered a new door assembly, hinge, screws & lock and when my husband replaced them he noticed that the rust started from the dispenser, and went all the way down to the bottom of the door.

The hinge and screws were rusted badly. Wish we read your comments & threw it away before we spent the money for new parts.

But he did a nice job, spray painted & rust proofed the door & hinge.But we need to know why this is happening!

LG stands for Lousy Goods!!!I, too, have the same problem and they don't care - I even talked to several supervisors and they don't care!!

They blamed it on the "storage facilities" of Home Depot!!!! Don't even deal with them. Throw the junk out and buy something else.

They do NOT stand behind their products and never will.Junk!

My machine is 3 yrs old and rusting around bleach dispenser. Ihave extended warranty from Home Depot and they say it is cosmetic. Never buy lg again

Langley, Washington, United States #1282283

Same with out rusting around the soap dispenser door

Wood River, Illinois, United States #1246084

Mine does have considerable amount of rust around the bleach dispenser. Junk, never again.....

Queen Creek, Arizona, United States #1215890

We have rust around the dispenser as well, front loader WM0642HW, just noticed it, but looks like it has been building for a while. The machine is about 10 years old.

Aubrey, Texas, United States #1177076

We have the same rust issues on a 2 yr old washer. Won't buy LG again.

Plano, Texas, United States #1041115

We have the very same issue.We have never used the fabric dispenser yet there is rust all around the blue filler cup.

LG says out of warranty.

Our only recourse is to vote for a different manufacturer with our next purchase.

I have the same problem. Can we sue

Gold Canyon, Arizona, United States #955924

I am having the same issue. Contacted LG and no responses

Lafayette, Louisiana, United States #865366

I have the very same problem, fighting this for months.Purchased through Home Depot, purchased 4 year extended protection plan and I get no help from HD, the company who sells the contracts, nor LG themselves.

I tried to fill out a form provided on line at LG and it will not accept the information now to send with very good pictures.

I will turn this all over to the State of La. Attorney Gen. office dept of consumer protection.

LG does not care about customer's with mfg.defects of their very expensive washer's ($1,000.00+).

to Swampridge74 #868725

Where did you find a form online and where does it get sent? I really want to go up the chain of command as the customer service was of no help.

to Anonymous #1365966

I also have rust around bleach dispenser on an LG only 4 yeats old. I have never had this problem with other brands. Poor Quality.