2.9K views

My washing machine started to rust around the lid, dispenser and now I have noticed rust spots on my bedding from the drum. The bleach dispenser does not dispense the bleach.

I contacted customer service and they were of no help. They said it was out of warranty and I asked if that was normal for a washing machine to start rusting a couple of years after purchase. Does anyone happen to have a mailing address for any top executives of LG?

I would very much like to send photos of my washing machine and a letter explaining my situation. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lg Electronics Warranty.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Comments

LG stands for Lousy Goods!!! I, too, have the same problem and they don't care - I even talked to several supervisors and they don't care!!

They blamed it on the "storage facilities" of Home Depot!!!! Don't even deal with them. Throw the junk out and buy something else.

They do NOT stand behind their products and never will. Junk!

My machine is 3 yrs old and rusting around bleach dispenser. Ihave extended warranty from Home Depot and they say it is cosmetic. Never buy lg again

Same with out rusting around the soap dispenser door

Mine does have considerable amount of rust around the bleach dispenser. Junk, never again.....

We have rust around the dispenser as well, front loader WM0642HW, just noticed it, but looks like it has been building for a while. The machine is about 10 years old.

We have the same rust issues on a 2 yr old washer. Won't buy LG again.

We have the very same issue. We have never used the fabric dispenser yet there is rust all around the blue filler cup.

LG says out of warranty.

Our only recourse is to vote for a different manufacturer with our next purchase.

I have the same problem. Can we sue

I am having the same issue. Contacted LG and no responses

I have the very same problem, fighting this for months. Purchased through Home Depot, purchased 4 year extended protection plan and I get no help from HD, the company who sells the contracts, nor LG themselves.

I tried to fill out a form provided on line at LG and it will not accept the information now to send with very good pictures.

I will turn this all over to the State of La. Attorney Gen. office dept of consumer protection.

LG does not care about customer's with mfg. defects of their very expensive washer's ($1,000.00+).

@Swampridge74

Where did you find a form online and where does it get sent? I really want to go up the chain of command as the customer service was of no help.

@Anonymous

I also have rust around bleach dispenser on an LG only 4 yeats old. I have never had this problem with other brands. Poor Quality.

Deasha

Check with the retailer you purchased it through. Many offer extended warranties that would cover this type of problem.

@Deasha

The retailer in my case was Home Depot. I have the extended warranty with Asurion. Home Depot, Asurion and LG say it is a cosmetic problem there fore it is not covered - despite the rust is turning the clothes orange.

Lg Electronics Reviews