3.6
Ease of Use
Style and Design

My 4 year old LG washer started to rust around the bleach dispenser less than 2 years after buying this machine.The rusting has continued and now a larger area around the dispense is involved.

As the base metal has rusted under the porcelain finish it began to flake off. Today I scraped backed the damaged area, cleaned the heavy rust off the area with a Drummel tool, and primed the area with Rustoleum Rust Reformer. Tomorrow I will prime with a metal primer and follow with an epoxy finish coat. I believe a manufacturing error was made where in the edge of the bleach dispenser sheet metal cut out was not coated at the factory.

This left a raw metal edge where the rusting began and it continued up under the porcelain finish. This is the same process that happens to a car's sheet metal panels. While the repaired area will never match the existing factory finish I believe my rust problem has been solved. That being said, LG design, manufacturing, quality control, and response to customer complaints needs vast improvement.

This is a problem they know about but even after thousands of customer complaints they refuse to admit their culpability and stand behind their product. At the very least they should offer a repair kit for free or for a nominal cost so their customers can do the repair themselves.

Because of their poor customer service as it relates to this specific problem, it is doubtful that many former customers will ever buy another LG product.I count myself amoung those customers.

Review about: Lg Electronics Washing Machine.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

Same issue with our unit and it’s about 4 years old as well

Same issue, significant rust around the bleach dispenser.Customer service first told me to get unit inspected by a service company of there choosing.

I complied, paid the $85 service call. Technician indicated top needs to be replaced.

Called LG cust service and was then told that rust is cosmetic and not covered under warranty.What a run around.

We have rust in both places and have had for over a year and it’s only 4 years old. We will not be buying another LG product. My Maytag was over 20 years old and never had a bit of rust!

I have the same problem.Bought mine in 2010.

Rust started around the bleach dispenser which we don’t even use.Now it is all along the back panel we’re the detergent dispenser is.

I have the same issue!!!

I have contacted them by phone and email.They are worthless!

They replaced the whole top piece once because of rust.

Well, it's back and even worse than before.We are buying a Speed Queen next.....American made and great reviews.

Same problem with my LG top loading washing machine.Same ridiculous reply by LG customer service.

Solution: I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER LG PROSUCT OF ANY KIND.THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE AND PRODUCT DESIGN SUCKS!

to Rick Knoechel #1388230

I have same problem but where my door connects and customer service is a joke.My door doesn’t close properly and I even bought the extended warranty and they will not cover it. I will never buy another LG product again

Our lg large capacity washer is Rusting after 3 years