3.6
Ease of Use
Style and Design

My 4 year old LG washer started to rust around the bleach dispenser less than 2 years after buying this machine.The rusting has continued and now a larger area around the dispense is involved.

As the base metal has rusted under the porcelain finish it began to flake off. Today I scraped backed the damaged area, cleaned the heavy rust off the area with a Drummel tool, and primed the area with Rustoleum Rust Reformer. Tomorrow I will prime with a metal primer and follow with an epoxy finish coat. I believe a manufacturing error was made where in the edge of the bleach dispenser sheet metal cut out was not coated at the factory.

This left a raw metal edge where the rusting began and it continued up under the porcelain finish. This is the same process that happens to a car's sheet metal panels. While the repaired area will never match the existing factory finish I believe my rust problem has been solved. That being said, LG design, manufacturing, quality control, and response to customer complaints needs vast improvement.

This is a problem they know about but even after thousands of customer complaints they refuse to admit their culpability and stand behind their product. At the very least they should offer a repair kit for free or for a nominal cost so their customers can do the repair themselves.

Because of their poor customer service as it relates to this specific problem, it is doubtful that many former customers will ever buy another LG product.I count myself amoung those customers.

Review about: Lg Electronics Washing Machine.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Had an Experience with Lg Electronics?

Comments

Same problem with my LG top loading washing machine.Same ridiculous reply by LG customer service.

Solution: I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER LG PROSUCT OF ANY KIND.THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE AND PRODUCT DESIGN SUCKS!

Our lg large capacity washer is Rusting after 3 years