LG refuses to accept fault. The self cleaning cycle on my electric range, which is less than six months old, got so hot it melted the sides and bottoms of my cabinet doors above the range.

They claimed I had sub-standard cabinets. No oven cleaning cycle should get that hot but they said it had to in order to clean the oven. A technician spent about 30 minutes testing the temperature. That wasn't even long enough to clean the little bit of stains from the bottom of the oven.

We submitted the requested documents and photos several times to no avail. Every time we called we spoke with a new person who asked for the same things again.

We wish we had checked this site before our purchase as they seem to have a reputation of not addressing complaints. DO NOT PURCHASE LG PRODUCTS!

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Replacement of my stove and cabinet repair..

I didn't like: Repair issues handling, Customer service.

Comments

Wow that sounds very dangerous.I would just trash that oven and get a different one cause next time it might burn your house down.No oven should ever get that hot on the outside.Try putting a claim on your homeowners for new cabinets and a new stove.