Our refrigerator which cost $2,300 stopped working on Feb. 1st. A call to the number in the manual connected me to a call center somewhere in the world to a person who did not understand English. They referred me to an LG authorized repair service. After 2 weeks and 3 visits and $372.00, the refrigerator is still did not work!!! They told me that I need to get an LG factory technician.

I called LG who the told me that I must purchase a 60 day extended warranty for $253,29. They set up an appointment a week later with another LG AUTHORIZED repair service. On the day of the appointment we called the service only to be told that he was too busy and that LG did not send him the parts which he needed to do the repair.

I called the LG number again who made an appointment with another service.

It is now 3 weeks and they are still waiting for the parts!!!

To be continued.....

I thought Comcast and AT&T were bad!!! LG wins the booby prize.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lg Electronics Warranty.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Comments

h.kitchener
Columbia, South Carolina, United States #1123425

It's always best now to buy a cheaper appliance and when it breaks, just throw out and replace with another cheap one. Remember, the more "bells and whistles" an appliance has, the more probable you will have something break sooner rather than later.

Good luck. Too late to bone up on your Hindi I suppose?

to h.kitchener Boca Raton, Florida, United States #1123434

Yep, I agree.

However it was not any of the bells or whistles which broke. It was the sealed system which provdes the refrigeration. How fundamental is that to all refrigerators.

I forgot to say that the refrigerator is 2 years old!!!

If you do some research on LG refrigerators you will see that my problem is not an isolated complaint.