Bedminster, New Jersey

I recently bought a washer model LG WT7500CW and a dryer model LG DLGX7601WE ON 11/06/18. The dryer from the first time we used it did not get as hot as our 10 year old Whirlpool.

On 12/17/18 the dryer never got hot and we got an error code that indicated either there was no gas going to the dryer or the hose was kinked restricting the flow. My entire house is gas and everything else works so that was not the problem and the hose was new and not kinked. My wife called the LG customer service number 1-800 243-0000 and spoke to a representative that said they would get back to her with a service date. My wife received a text message indicating Georges Appliance would come to repair the dryer.

I called the service company, Georges Appliance, to verify the date and time. They had no information from LG. I then called the same number to contact LG (1-800-243-0000) and spoke to a representative that told me someone was scheduled for 12/20/18 and asked me what time I would like. I gave her early in the morning and a secondary cell phone number and I was told someone would call from the service company to confirm the appointment.

On 12/19/18 I called 1-800-243-0000 because I never received a phone call and was told I would hear within 24 to 48 hours when someone would be there. I asked to speak with a supervisor. I was given Sandy, employee number 10248, she apologized for my inconvenience and the best she could do was have someone come out on 12/21/18-- this was after I took the day off of work so they could get there on the 12/19/18. When I asked her why no one called me to tell me they weren’t coming on the date they scheduled she said she didn’t know.

When I asked her what am I going to do about the day I took off to wait for the service on 12/20/18 she stated “don’t you get vacation time?”; this was at 6:00 pm so it’s difficult to change your schedule. I asked her for the VP of customer service e-mail address; she told me to get it on line. I might seem like I’m being unreasonable but about 8 years ago I purchased a LG front loading dishwasher from Best Buy and within the first year had at least 5 service calls--finally one repair center in Trenton refused to come up and try to fix it again because they were quite a distance from my home. LG finally let me return it to Best Buy for a full refund.

I purchased a Whirlpool that performed great.

I also purchased a LG dishwasher which failed after two years.

Recently I thought I would give LG another shot because of the reviews from Consumer Reports but I now assume they are not accurate. Needless to say I will never buy another LG product.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lg Electronics Wt7500Cw Washing Machine.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments