Thompsonville, Michigan

About seven years ago, we purchased an LG washer, dryer combination wm2277hw; with an extended warranty. Problems ensued from the beginning. Washer would not drain, washer would not agitate, stainless steel door fell off...

We were without our washer for seven months of the first year of ownership. It took our tech sixty days to "rebuild" the front of the entire washer, after the door literally fell off, and all parts and labor were included under the warranty. Since the warranty has expired; I personally have replaced a leaking drain hose, and two sensors. Today I got an "LE" code on the washer. This is on top of the usual "OE" code every time we try to do a load of laundry. This headache has cost us our time, and energy to redo every load we put in the washer. When the washer does spin; all of the water does not spin out, leaving a dripping, wet mess; causing us to put the washer into manually put the washer into spin mode, to extract all the extra water. (Twice our time, twice the electricity of our "HE" washer.

To make matters worse, eighteen months ago we purchased a Kenmore Elite French Door refrigerator, with bottom freezer. No maintenance agreement. The indoor water dispenser ran over our hardwood floors all night. Cleaned the mess up, and called a Sears tech. He opened the left front door, looked at the ice er maker, told me it was bad, and informed me that it would be $395.00 to replace it. That would be the ice maker, his service call, and labor. When I asked him who would make this "piece of ***?"; he smugly replied, "LG". I then told him it was my fault for not asking the salesperson whom the manufacturer was. If I had known, it would still be on their showroom floor.

I dismissed him to the cost of $75.00 for him dropping in. After negotiating with Sears, and LG; I did manage to get a $65.00 check from Sears, and a $75.00 gift card to Sears from LG; plus a reduced rate on the ice maker unit. In total, I spent around $125.00 for something that should have lasted more than eighteen months.

To be fair, I have been happy with the Kenmore Appliance line. The manufacturers can include Maytag, Westinghouse, Roper, and more. Just ask the sales rep who makes it, and stay clear from ANY LG appliance that you may have your eye on. They are expensive, and will cost you loads of $$$ in the long run.

Comments

I too have owned an LG washer/dryer combo. What I found out is that in the dryer there are these rollers that wear out quickly.

It would of taken 30 days to repair my dryer.

I got rid of both and bought a Kohler which I truly liked. I will never buy LG again