1.6
Ease of Use
Style and Design

May 21, 2015 my husband and I purchased the 32 cubic foot LFXS32726S LG French style refrigerator from HH Gregg. It was delivered a few days later and from the very beginning the ice maker never did work. An error Er message came up on the display within 24 hours of being plugged in. I called LG and was told it would needed to be repaired. An appointment was made. The repair company came out and said I needed a new ice maker. I don't understand why they didn't have the part with them since when I originally called them I told them that the ice maker didn't work. They said in was under warranty that had to wait on LG to send the parts. So after a wasted first trip to basically tell me that the ice maker needed to be replaced, it was a week later that they show up with the ice maker. The repair company installs it. The repairman cycles the ice machine after calling LG because the repairman had no clue how to cycle an ice machine. Ice machine still does not work after he cycles it. LG has the repairman test the refrigerator further and then tells him that it is not fixable. I am then put on the phone with corporate LG and he tells me he will have turn this in to another department where they will review my case. A few days later, I am then contacted by corporate LG and told we will receive a store credit for the amount we paid for the refrigerator. So we go back into HH Gregg on June 18th, 2015 and buy the LG LFXS30726S 30 cubic foot French style refrigerator. So my biggest complaint is the amount of time that it took for it to be resolved. It was almost a month before we received our new refrigerator.

Fast forward to June 7th, 2016. My son tells when he pulls open the freezer drawer the refrigerator makes a horrible noise. I then hear a horrible noise coming from the fan and a few hours later the rF error message comes up the display. I called LG and they tell me that the fan is going out. They set up a repair appointment. I call the repair company the following morning to set up a time for them to come out. After talking to the repair company and discussing my previous problems I had already had with LG we determine that fan is probably going out because the refrigerator is not cooling properly. I then go to try use the water and ice dispenser. It does not work either. I unplug the refrigerator and clear the error message the ice maker and water dispenser work. He believes there might be more than just the fan so he orders a new circuit board and a fan. They are supposed to be here on June 15th, 2016. I have already cleaned the refrigerator out and moved everything to our downstairs refrigerator.

Looking back I wish we would have used the store credit from HH Gregg and bought a different brand. We figured it was just bad luck and that we would be fine with another LG refrigerator. Boy, were we wrong!! I think it is unacceptable that we are now without a refrigerator again twice within a year. Is it bad luck again or is LG refrigerators just junk? I totally believe their refrigerators are poorly designed and built with cheap parts! I will never buy anything LG again and will tell everyone I know through social media!

Product or Service Mentioned: Lg Electronics Lfxs32726s Refrigerator.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I didn't like: Bad quality product, Poor warranty service, Quality of refrigerators.

Comments

#1320546

I am a LG Technician and have been working for LG for 8 years and I'm so sorry about what you went through , your issue could have been so easy to resolve , the reason you were getting ER F code was due to grille fan assmy needed to be replaced with our update part also the software on main board needed to be updated , there is a service built. on that issue that who ever the tech was that went there should have read, again sorry about your bad taste with LG , I'm sure I feel the same

Seattle. Washington

to LG Tech Evansville, Indiana, United States #1320605

Hi! Thank you for your reply.

My question is about the update part, you referred to as the grill fan assembly, are existing LG refrigerator owners being contacted that this update part needs to be replaced?

Or is it only when there is a problem? How can I be better informed when there is an issue or software update for my LG refrigerator?

to Sandy #1321178

Ok well not all of them do it but yes some have it replaced , and you can go on LG web site and enter the model number and pull up any service updates, or if that don't work call customer service and ask them if there are any updates on the model you have or you can respond to me with that info and I will let you know