I bought a new LG washer and dryer (plus stands) on 9/7/09. Washer began leaking a few weeks ago. School finally ended (I am a teacher) and the repairman came and said the bearings are "shot". Shot? Really? The machine hasn't even spent 5 years here and, as there are only 2 in our family, it doesn't work too hard, anyhow.

The first Live Chat with LG goes poorly as Rod effectively hangs up on me ("Rod has exited the chat session"). The second man, Gus, is nicer but still can do nothing, at least partly because of his lousy math. See transcript below:

"Gus: We would have been able to assist if it was under 5 years old. But in this case the unit was made in February 2009. Its over 7 years old."

Seven?? Seven??? Count the years, Gus, it's just over 5 since it was built and I have owned it under 5. Regardless, a $1349.98 clothes washer (plus $229.97 for the stand) was built to break irreparably within somewhere around 5 years? Really? For this I paid nearly $4000.00 for a new washer and dryer?

Never again. Never never never again. Life isn't good with LG at all.

Had an Experience with Lg Electronics?

Comments

Lg Electronics - LG Ductless Mini Split HVAC System - horrible product, terrible warranty Lg Electronics "Four years ago I purchased an LG Art Cool LAN180HSV2 ductless mini split system backed by a 5-year warranty. Sounds good right? Except that this unit has been repaired 5..." Read more Lg Electronics - LG washer WT5070CW Lg Electronics "...I looked to see if there were any recalls on the product but what I found was a lot of disgruntled LG owners with the exact same complaint..." Read more Lg Electronics - Horrible Product- TV only Lasted a year Lg Electronics "My mother purchased a 35 inch LG Flat screen TV in December 2014 at Wal-mart during a black Friday event for my daughter Adrianna. It never gave us any trouble. Fast forward..." Read more Lg Electronics - LG Builds JUNK Lg Electronics "Refridge 5 years old failed to cool, unit is still covered under their 7 year Sealed System and 10 year Compressor guarantee. After 3 service calls by A&E their LG..." Read more Reebok Dealer Reebok "http://www.asanadealers.com - Internet Reebok supplier Asanadealers, took an order from me for Reebok Crossfit Nanos 6.0 shoes over the internet which were paid for in advance. They sent me a..." Read more One World Van Lines - Had I known I would havve Run as fast as I could One World Van Lines "No interstate license at time of move. No proof of weight Cost increased over $1000 dollar Unlike the first report I would have been better off if they had cancelled...." Read more Lazada Malaysia - Please solve this or should i get legal advise from lawyer? Lazada Malaysia "Order no. 335567535 placed on 10/sept/2017. Received confirmation email. Without any noticed 9days after got email from lazada on 19/sept/2017. Then i make an online chat with customer service on..." Read more Directv - Equipment does not work.  "Known issue" no fix for over 1 year. Directv "1 month ago today we had Dirctv installed. The boxes in our home lose internet connection everyday sometimes hourly. We have called Directv everyday for the last 30 days on..." Read more